I love the fur trend season we are in right now…
oh my gosh, and those leopard fur coats totally have my heart.
Most people don’t wear fur very often… and until recently, I never owned anything with fur unless is was ear muffs…
Probably because in the past, they are pretty pricey for a good quality fur (cheap fur is the worst) especially with the fakes!
It also has this reputation to be super fancy, like this Kate Spade look, ya know?
One of the big things I am in LOVE with this fall fashion season is the contrast and breaking rules.
So why not for every day? a trip to the grocery store or school pickup or the mail!
Talk about contrast, right?
No matter what type of fur you buy, there are ways to tone done the formal stuffy vibe it tends to give off…
The best part?
Faux fur is becoming more main stream and the quality has improved a TON over the years.
Here are some of my favorite ways to wear fur using this season’s trends,
- Messy and clean (Alice and Olivia), the model is dressed well but her hair is kinda crazy – it’s so perfect.
- Mixing pattern with pattern (Saint Laurent), 2 prints: Tiger & leopard coat with floral. Why the devil, not?
- Formal and casual (Michael Kors), the coat is typically worn on a 1950’s starlet, whereas the model is pairing it with denim. DENIM.
You can totally mix and match some of these ideas or combine them all like I did, below…
- messy hair with pretty face (clean or with makeup),
- patterns, ie. leopard and stripes,
So, I mentioned the Kate Spade Jacket on purpose because leopard is of my favorite color! ha!
I ‘m so completely obsessed with this look that I searched high and low for my favorite pattern to recreate this Kate Spade fur jacket.
I found a discontinued pattern in my Butterick stash that worked well but you could use the following patterns to recreate this look, too!
Butterick B6107 – coat C & D and don’t add the collar. I really want to try to recreate that MK coat with the denim (above) and will likely use this pattern.
Vogue Patterns V1365 – has a pattern for a faux fur trench coat. Very cool and it’s fitted!
The Simplicity Pattern company has a fur coat pattern, which is nice but a little boxy.
Whatever pattern you use, the only big things you need to do when recreating this Kate Spade look is to:
- Ditch the collar,
- Leave out intricate design details & keep it simple. All you need is 3 pieces: front, back, and sleeve.
- Alter your full length sleeves to a 3/4 sleeve,
- Invest in a soft leopard print fur.
I love this jacket.
I love, love, love this jacket.
Fur is fun!
Do you have a favorite fur trend?
Have you tried it yet?
Thanks for stopping by and have a glamorous day!
linking up at:
Walking In Memphis in High Heels, I do deClaire, Induffinitely Me, Style Elixir, My Girlish Whims, Someday Crafts, The Pleated Poppy, Vintage Gwen, Get Your Pretty On, Because Shanna Said So, Cappuccino and Fashion, Design Life Diaries, Posh Pair, Shopping My Closet, Style Honestly, Pumps and Push Ups, God Life Happy Wife, Lisa a la Mode, The Mummy Chronicles, Book of Leisure, The Pleated Poppy, Tucker Up, Sincerely Jenna Marie,